This file is specific for Timepix3 detector. It contains a stream of pixels received from the detector. It is a ASCII file. The file starts with a header line:
Index Matrix Index ToA ToT FToA Overflow
Each following line contains a single pixel. Where the values are:
- Index - index of the pixel in the file. Starting from 0
- Matrix Index - position (index) of the pixel in pixel matrix - for single detector 0 - 65535, where 0 - 255 are pixels in first row, 256 - 511 second row, etc. x=matrixIndex mod 256, y = matrixIndex / 256.
- ToA - ToA value of the pixel (raw detector value)
- ToT - ToT value of the pixel (raw detector value)
- FToA - Fast ToA value of the pixel (raw detector value).
- Overflow - just for internal purpose
Note to FToA:
Timepix3 FToA value is 4 bits. However, the ftoa values in t3pa file have 5bits (0-31). This is because there is a column clock phase shift correction (Clk_phaseShift_number) applied to this values.
The ToA and FToA are raw values from the Timepix3 detector. To convert them in nano seconds use this formula:
toa[ns] = toa * 25 - ftoa * 25/16
Index Matrix Index ToA ToT FToA 0 40790 198395270 12 9 0 1 40793 198395275 11 7 0 2 40534 198395263 26 11 0